nuffang

Monday, May 2, 2011

Food to Avoid when trying to Concieve

So we went to the popular TCM in Marine Parade last Saturday. He was able to detect that the fetus was very week and my HCG was dropping, and hinted that it's likely to be a gone case. Uncle Chan was very nice though, he did share some tips on pregnancy.
Basically, in the first trimester, the only things I can take to help strengthen the pregnancy is duphaston or An Tai Yao. Other than that, no chinese herbs at all. It includes even Gou Ji Zi, Dangshan, Dang Gui, I think he mentioned Red Dates as well. So basically, no drinking of red date tea, which I suspect was why I lost the baby this round. Also, steer clear of
1. Bak Ku Teh
2. Herbal Chicken
3. Emperor's Chicken
4. Ba Zhen Soup
5. Cold Food and Drinks
6. Star Fruit
7. Watermelon
8. Mango, Mango Sago
9. Tea
10. Green Tea
11. Bubble Tea
12. Vitamin E
13. EPO
14. Hormones Pills

The most important thing is to improve your estrogen level in the 1st trimester so that HCG will increase. He suggested drinking Homemade Chicken Essence. You can find a lot on how to double boil a chicken to get its essence. No herbs required and it's safe and beneficial for the 1st trimester.

After the D&C, drink Red date tea, try to go for confinement food as well. I made my own sesame oil chicken. After I finish my round of antibiotics and is cleared by the gynae, Uncle Chan actually prescribed some herbs for me to consume once a week, on standard dates. The next appointment with him is 7 days after my period commence again.

For now, I'm still trying hard to steer clear of cold food. Many times, I ask the hubby why do I have to go through so much while others can happily get pregnant without special diet. They continue to drink tea, coffee, have ice cream etc etc. I guess I just have a weak body, so now we are very diligent in making chicken essence, drinking dom etc. Hopefully it works.

No comments: