nuffang

Friday, May 6, 2011

Follow Up and TCM

So I went for follow up with my gynae on tuesday. The womb is clear, everything looks good, the fibroid is still there, about 1cm. She said there's no cause for concern unless it grows to 5cm and above. Spotted another fibroid, but still she's given me the clear. Spotting can last up to 3 weeks I think, I'm still have spotting on and off.

Asked her about the chances of happening again, she would range it between 10 % to 20% cos it has happened to me twice. There's nothing much we can do about it, a case of 'bad luck', though if I should get pregnant the next time, I could still run down for jabs and pills. But if it's an unhealthy pregnancy to begin with, they may not be able to help much.

Since I'm going to Africa, I also asked her if I could have my vaccines now and if it will affect us trying to conceive, she doesn't see any issue in that unless I am having vaccines for Rubella, which will give me a  3 mths waiting time before I can conceive. So in the end, I decided to take a pre-pregnancy blood test to see what I'm vaccinated against. Maybe I could sneak in some as part of my vaccination for Africa so that it would lighten the costs.

Went for my blood test and it hurts cos the nurse said my veins are not aligned or something and they were too small, so she went poking and poking. Gosh. Results ill be out on Monday!

Brewing the first of my 3 sets of TCM medicine now, not sure what bowl to use, I just use the small chinese soup bowls hahah.

It's good that it's friday today, I can rest a bit and wait for my gmarket stuffs, hopefully it comes by soon before I go to work later!

No comments: