nuffang

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Perfectly Imperfect Home

I guess it's time to post up my pathetic floorplan!
Had a chat with one Air Con vendor this morning, and she says that my design is really silly. My air con ledge is in the living room, I had no idea what it meant, util she explained to me, the pipe for the cool air to move is going to be very long! Gosh. So far, we paid the most expensive compared to other blocks and nothing has been positive. :(



Let's do a quick run thru.
Kitchen is to the left of the entrance. It contains the common toilet as well. Unfortunately, Toilet faces the main kitchen cabinets, so it's a challenge to decide where to place my Hob. And sink seems to be facing the window, which means, Hob cannot be opposite sink. And if it's beside the sink, in a L-shape, it will face the toilet. So how to overcome this?!?!?! I suppose I can only decide which is worse.

If you notice, the kitchen looks huge, about 2.8m by 2.5m. In actual fact, it's only 1.7m by 2.5m as the rest forms part of the walkway to the toilet and service yard. And as if it's not bad enough, recently, I realised that the square diagram near the entrance of the service yard is actually a pillar! That brings down the floor area again, and I don't even have any place to put the fridge.

Service yard is actually bigger than the kitchen. This is so amusing.

Next, Living room and study room. toot purposely wanted a squarish layout, apparently, it proves to be too huge, that we have no idea how to split the room. And I suspect they sacrificed the kitchen for the huge living room! toot had this idea where we can place the dining table at the study area so that we can watch tv, and a counter with the microwave oven. I found it quite cool. Since we don't have to travel so far with the microwaved food. Well, let's see what the IDs and contractors say.

Aircon ledge in the living room is going to cost me extra money. I guess there's nothing much we can do except pray for the best. Seems like I may get visible trunking as we don't really want to have false ceilings.

MBR, is actually SMALL! In fact, the toilet eats into the MBR's space. Other layouts in the same project do not have this issue, seems like it's only our block. sob....

MBR toilet. It looks like there's no quality control on the sink they used. There's a mix of White (yay!) and Beige (Nay) Vanity sink going around. It looks like my project has got the beige one, and I really hope I'm wrong this time.

So I guess, this is our perfectly imperfect home for the next 30 years. :p

No comments: