nuffang

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hard Boiled Eggs




I love egg yolks and never egg whites as they are tasteless and rubbery.
Because I have been putting on so much weight lately, even without any hotdog bun in the oven. So I was reading up on the Dukan Diet and it says eggs have loads of protein and protein uses up more energy to digest, which in turns uses up more calories. You can easily google for the Dukan Diet if you are interested.


So yes, my weeks have been full of chicken breast, lean meat and now eggs. I started of with omelets cos those were easier for me. This morning, I decided to try hard boiled egg. My first attempt and it's now happily sitting in my tummy. So all I have are stock photos on the net. It's freaking easy to make!

I followed the instructions from http://www.getcracking.ca/perfect-hc.html

  1. Choose eggs that have been in your refrigerator for about a week. They will be easier to peel than fresh eggs but will still have the same great taste and nutrient value.
  2. Place cold eggs in a single layer in a saucepan. Fill the saucepan so the eggs are covered with at least 1 inch (2.5 cm) of cold water.
  3. Bring water to a boil over high heat (with lid on or off, as you wish). When the water reaches a boil, immediately cover the saucepan and remove it from the heat to stop the water from boiling. I turned off the gas when I saw loads of small bubbles.
  4. Let eggs stand in the water, covered, for 18 to 23 minutes (the eggs cook while standing in the boiled water). A large egg will take 18 to 20 minutes. Be sure to set a timer. As I was using small eggs, I let it stood for 15 mins.
  5. When the time is up, immediately drain off the water and run cold water over the eggs until they are cool to the touch.

    As we were rushing to leave the house, I didn't had the chance to run it under cold water. My eggs were still perfect anyway, the whites were soft, no grey lines or rubbery whites. Yums. 

No comments: