nuffang

Friday, December 17, 2010

Steamed D.O.M Chicken

 
My mum, knowing that I was on leave, gave me some 2 Chicken Thighs and 2 Chicken Wings so I could prepare the for dinner. Took me really long to decide what kind of chicken dish until I came across this D.O.M recipe from Noob Cook. It was real easy to prepare and not forgetting that I have this bottle of D.O.M that I was trying to find ways to finish it.

I followed the recipe and forgot about the sesame oil until 45 mins later! -_- However, I must say that, even without the sesame oil, it smelled really nice, so I added sesame oil, hoping it wouldn't be too late. I steamed the chicken for slightly more than 1 hour, and it was really nice, however, it was a tad too sweet, I suspect that I threw in too much wolfberries. The hubby likes it though. :)

I used water for my version as I was lazy to prepare any stock. There's no mushrooms in my chicken too, cos I hate mushrooms. :) As for the ginger, I shredded them, tried my very best to squeeze out this little bit of juice and threw in all the ginger into the dish as well.

So, here's the recipe.
 Ingredients
(Serves 2)

2 large chicken thighs
3 tbsp DOM (D.O.M) Benedictine liquor (法国廊酒)
1 tbsp ginger juice (grate the ginger, take the ginger pulp and squeeze out the juice)
5 tbsp water
1 tbsp wolfberries
10 red dates
1/2 tbsp sesame oil

Directions
1. Place the chicken thighs into a wide and deep plate. Line the bottom of the vessel with sliced mushrooms, reserving some to top the chicken.
2. Add in ginger juice, D.O.M, water/stock, sesame oil, wolfberries and red dates.
3. Cover the vessel with a lid or seal tightly with aluminium foil and cook the chicken on high heat until the water at the steamer is boiling.
4. Lower down the heat and continue to cook for about 40-50 minutes.
5. Add salt to taste if required.




Mummy also gave me some French Beans, so I made French Beans in XO Sauce. :p


No comments: