nuffang

Monday, June 28, 2010

Chilling Out with Tea

Since there's only 2 of us, and hubby is at work. I played with wii for a while (my form of exercise. :) before showering and preparing food.

Made myself a pot of Ceylon tea and finished off my butter pound cake.

I'm a sucker for tea, I don't drink coffee, so Tea is my caffein. Today, I had Ceylon tea that was given to me as a gift from a Sri Lankan. Sri Lanka is famous for their Ceylon Tea, it's handpicked and so nice. I remembered my mum used to give me Ceylon Tea when I was young and I didn't even like it. Maybe cos it wasn't my cup of tea back then.

That being said, our favourite tea (yes, hubby is a tea-drinker too, that's why I married him.) is Earl Grey Tea. I didn't dare to try other tea other than old boring English Breakfast Tea. Hubby was the one that intro-ed me to Earl Grey. I love its Bergamot aroma. Also, I love my tea with milk! :)



I have started to looking for cool cafes where I chill out with a nice pot of hot tea and some pies or cakes. Yesterday, we went to Octa Cafe at Parco after watching this Ch 8 show where they intro-ed the cafe. It was kind of disappointing, I was hoping that they serve my tea in nice chinaware. However, they only served it in glass cups. Can't say much about the food cos we ordered a blueberry pie lookalike. Atmosphere was good though, will consider going back with this friend of mine who loves such cafe.

Pardon the photo though, iPhone can't really function as well as a proper camera. :)

No comments: