nuffang

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Xiao Bai Cai with Mushrooms

I, for one hated mushrooms. I'm never a mushroom person. One day, I decided, no matter how much I hated mushrooms, I still have to prepare it with my food so that others (toot) get to enjoy them. :p

This dish is extremely simple too!

Xiao Bai Cai with Mushrooms




Ingredients
1. A handful of mushrooms
2. A bunch of Xiao Bai Cai
3. Stock - I used leftover prawn stock that day
4. Oyster Sauce - I ran out of it that day!
5. Minced Garlic

Mushrooms
1. Add oil into frying pan.
2. When the temperature is hot enough, add in minced garlic and quick fry for a few moments. You should smell the garlic aroma.
3. Throw in the mushrooms.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of light soya sauce
5. Quick fry for a while till the mushrooms absorb the sauce.
6. Dish up the mushrooms.

Xiao Bai Cai
1. Boil a pot of water with 1 tablespoon of oil
2. Once the water boils, add in the vegetables
3. Remove the vegetables in about 30 sec. Yes, it will turn dark green when overcooked.
4. Dish on to plate.
5. Add in the mushrooms together with the sauce and stock.
6. If you have oyster sauce, you can add it in too.



No comments: