nuffang

Monday, September 19, 2011

6 days!

So it's almost been a week since our HLE was approved. I requested for early collect of keys, using toot's email (so that they will disturb him :p). So our CSO called toot and asked for my travel schedule, and she mentioned that she has no idea when the keys will be given to her. Sigh.

So last week, in my delirious state, I sent a 'get a free quote' enquiry through renotalk and made one of the worse decisions. Everyone started calling toot. And it wasn't even to give a quote, it was to ask us to visit their showroom. I was really pissed, if I'm going to visit 10, 20 showrooms, why would I ask for a quote online? And I made very clear my requirements and the things that I wanted to do, I understand that it's hard to quote without knowing what I want, but my main carpentry is only the kitchen! So how hard is that?

Then we decided to visit PS on Fri evening to subject ourselves to the numerous contractors ambushing everyone there, well, perhaps it was too late, perhaps they had enough businesses, we didn't see anyone except some bangla asking if we stay here.

Then I decided to stick to what I do best, google. So I found one other contractor who had good reviews and sent an email to him, no response yet. Even the 1st contractor we met has not responded to my enquiry. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.


How I wish people were more forthcoming in providing a quotation. Given our current situation, I guess anyone who can provide us with a proper quotation, we will be happy to meet them. 

No comments: