nuffang

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Waldorf Salad

The first Waldorf Salad was created in New York in 1893, by Oscar Tschirky, the maître d'hôtel of the Waldorf Astoria.There was no nuts in the original recipe, and walnuts were only added later. The usual Waldorf Salad consisted of diced red skinned apples, celery, mayo and walnuts.

For this version, I used granny smith green apple, rasins, baked edmame peas from mark and spencer as well as balsamic vinaigrette instead. They were pretty much leftovers. :p

I'm really bad with the amount of serving, so feel free to judge accordingly.

Ingredients (serves 2 cos this was part of a 5 course meal!):
1 Cup Chopped Granny Smith Green Apples
1 Mini Box Sunmaid Black Raisins (Or grapes if you prefer)
1 Cup Baked Edamame Peas from M&S (Walnuts or Cashews are fine too!)
Bunch of Lettuces, Wild Rockets and salad leaves ( I got a ready pack from Cold Storage)
Green Lemon Juice (I have them readily, Lime juice will do as well)
A few Spritz of Balsamic Vinaigrette
Ground Pepper



Would you hate me if I say just mixed everything together in a mixing bowl? :p

While mixing, I spray on some of the Balsamic Vinaigrette so that it's damp but not to watery.
This is the one 1 use, 1 calorie per spray and it's really nice!

Plate onto a serving plate after everything is mixed and take your pictures!

No comments: